Welcome to MidVision support.
Please use this site to report bugs, raise support requests and request new features.
You can also watch our "How-To" videos on our YouTube channel
Logging in to MidVision Support¶
You need to be logged in to create, view or update support issues. In order to raise issues or view your company project, you will need to "Sign In" or Register using the links in the top right hand corner.
Please note that after you register you will be sent a confirmation email to the registered address. You need to click on the link in the email to complete registration and activate the account. Please check your spam folder!
How to use this site¶
Please raise new issues against the correct project or customer
- Raise a new issue as required. Leave the assignee blank, this will be set by MidVision. Set the severity of the issue based on the severity schema. Set the type as per the type schema.
- The issue will be assigned to a MidVision support engineer. The engineer will assess the issue and either work on the issue according to SLA for the issue or provide instructions, workarounds etc.
- The engineer may need more information, such as log files etc or may need to engage in a dialog with the customer. In this case the issue is marked as feedback and the assignee set back to the person raising the issue.
- If feedback is required, the customer should provide the feedback and mark the assignee back to the engineer.
- If the engineer fixes the issue, the release in which it will first appear will be updated, and the issue marked as resolved or closed, depending on requirement for customer feedback.
- If the engineer marks the issue as feedback or resolved, and changes the assignee to the person who raised the issue, then MidVision will expect the customer to provide feedback within 7 days, or the issue will be closed. The ticket will be set to "Marked For Closure" if it is to be closed imminently.
- The issue will be closed if the criteria above are met or the customer either agrees to close, or closes the issue.
- Feature requests may be closed by MidVision on giving a target date for the feature or a reason why it will not be implemented. In some cases feature requests may be moved to the internal development list.
The customer should assess and set the issue severity according to the categories set out below when creating a ticket. A MidVision engineer may amend the severity if the ticket dialog indicates it does not fit into the assigned category. Blocker, Critical or High severity tickets may be reduced to a lower severity if the customer does not promptly respond to requests for information.
- Trivial - Small UI or usability issue which does not require a workaround.
- Low - Small UI or usability issue or functionality with an easy workaround.
- Normal - Standard issue with no obvious workaround. This is the default severity (Severity 4).
- High - Production system major functionality impairment for one user or multi-user test system down or unusable for all users (Severity 3).
- Critical - Production system major functionality impairment affecting more than one user (Severity 2).
- Blocker - Production system down or unusable for more than one user (Sometimes referred to as Severity 1 or SEV 1).
The customer or MidVision may amend issue type if the issue dialog indicates it does not fit into the assigned category.
- Bug - An issue with existing product functionality leading to incorrect behaviour or an unexpected exception generated in the product.
- Feature - Request for enhancement to product functionality
- Support - A request for support (help) with the product
Confidential data - Your responsibilities¶
You remain responsible for:
- Any data and the content of any database you make available to MidVision,
- The selection and implementation of procedures and controls regarding access, security, encryption, use, and transmission of data (including any personally-identifiable data).
- You will not send or provide MidVision access to any personally-identifiable information, whether in data or any other form, and will be responsible for reasonable costs and other amounts that MidVision may incur relating to any such information mistakenly provided to MidVision or the loss or disclosure of such information by MidVision, including those arising out of any third party claims.
Privacy & Personal Data¶
You may view and edit all the personal data we hold on you by clicking the 'My Account' link.
When you raise or comment on a ticket, you will only be identified by your first name. Other users can only see your email address if the 'Hide My Email Address' checkbox is unchecked on the 'My Account' page.
You may delete your own account at any time by going to 'My Account' and then clicking the 'Delete My Account' link. Your account and all of your personal data will be removed. Any tickets you've raised or commented on will remain, but they will not be associated with you.
In accordance with GDPR rules on data retention, accounts that remain inactive for more than 2 years may be deleted, which will remove all of your personal data from our systems.