Problems with new version
I was very glad to update our RapidDeploy to 5.0.21 version. :) But... Seems that something is wrong with it.
1. I already wrote this in ticket about project copying (Feature #3587). Data dictionary resources that are configured in system and are assigned to projects are not listed in those projects nor in assigned resources neither in available (please see screenshots).
2. Some projects just disappeared from project list. I didn't remove them before or after the update, they do exist on a disk, but they are not listed in RD.
3. Jenkins cannot invoke fully configured job plan with error "Job Plan has late configuration remain to be configured!" while that job plan can be run manually from WEB UI without any changes. I'm not sure if that's not a Jenkins' plugin problem, but want to put it here. :)
So seems that I have to rollback to previous version. Unfortunately. Can You please check these issues? If You need any additional data - just let me know. We can also have a call to check all these things online (I'll save current docker image for testing).
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Mariano to Vadim
- Target version set to 5.0-FIX
Are you available to hold a call and go through this problem?
I'm available right now, but let me know your availability and I'll send you an invite.
For the records:
Point one was about the different location of resources.
And point two was about not selecting the "remove files" from the project "SCM Repository" tab in the project configuration page.
Please state here any other conclusion you took from our conversation! :-)
- Status changed from Feedback to In Progress
We've identified and reproduced what's probably one of the strangest problems I have ever seen in programming, the point 3.
It doesn't seem to be with the job plans but with the projects the job plan is using, apparently if you change something in a project, the change is detected immediately by the graphical interface call, but the web service call doesn't pick this change until you change something in the job plan.
Although we could reproduce it quite a few times, it is quite random as well, some times it was just working fine.
We are suspecting there could be some kind of cache in the database that's not showing the changes straight away to the web service, but that's extremely strange as the web service and the graphical interface use the same background code! :-S
Anyway, we're going to be working on this and will keep you posted with any update.
Thank you so much for all your feedback! :-)