Welcome to MidVision support.
Please use this site to report bugs, raise support requests
and request new features.
Logging in to Redmine¶
If you are not logged in, you are only able to view the community edition and DevTest-Cloud project pages. In order to raise issues or view your company project, you will need to "Sign In" or "Register" using the links in the top right hand corner.
How to use this site¶
Please raise new issues against the correct project or customer
- Raise a new issue as required. Leave the assignee blank, this will be set by MidVision. Set the severity of the issue based on the severity schema. Set the type as per the type schema.
- The issue will be assigned to a MidVision developer. The developer will assess the issue and either work on the issue according to SLA for the issue or provide instructions, workarounds etc.
- The developer may need more information, such as log files etc or may need to engage in a dialog with the customer. In this case the issue is marked as feedback and the assignee set back to the person raising the issue.
- If feedback is required, the customer should provide the feedback and mark the assignee back to the developer.
- If the developer fixes the issue, the release in which it will first appear will be updated, and the issue marked as resolved or closed, depending on requirement for customer feedback.
- If the developer marks the issue as feedback or resolved, and changes the assignee to the person who raised the issue, then MidVision will expect the customer to provide feedback within 7 days, or the issue will be closed. The ticket will be set to "Marked For Closure" if it is to be closed imminently.
- The issue will be closed if the criteria above are met or the customer either agrees to close, or closes the issue.
- Feature requests may be closed by MidVision on giving a target date for the feature or a reason why it will not be implemented. In some cases feature requests may be moved to the internal development list.
The customer or MidVision may amend issue severity if the issue dialog indicates it does not fit into the assigned category.
- Trivial - Small UI or usability issue which does not require a workaround
- Low - Small UI or usability issue or functionaliity with an easy workaround
- Normal - Standard issue with no obvious workaround. This is the default severity.
- High - Production system major functionality impairment for one user or test system down or unusable for all users.
- Critical - Production system major functionality impairment affecting more than one user.
- Blocker - Production system down or unusable for more than one user
The customer or MidVision may amend issue type if the issue dialog indicates it does not fit into the assigned category.
- Bug - An issue with existing product functionality leading to incorrect behaviour or an unexpected exception generated in the product.
- Feature - Request for enhancement to product functionality
- Support - A request for support (help) with the product
MidVision will publish in each ticket, where appropriate, the target version where the bug or feature will be included. RapidDeploy uses a standard version nomenclature corresponding to:
<version>.<release>.<patch/fix version> e.g. 3.3.30
The RapidDeploy release and support schedule is based on release. You can see the current schedule here.
For fixes to a release version, the fix version may be described as, for example 3.3.FIX. In this case the actual patch number will be shown in the "Additional version information" field.
Confidential data - Your responsibilities¶
You remain responsible for:
- Any data and the content of any database you make available to MidVision,
- The selection and implementation of procedures and controls regarding access, security, encryption, use, and transmission of data (including any personally-identifiable data).
- You will not send or provide MidVision access to any personally-identifiable information, whether in data or any other form, and will be responsible for reasonable costs and other amounts that MidVision may incur relating to any such information mistakenly provided to MidVision or the loss or disclosure of such information by MidVision, including those arising out of any third party claims.
MidVision Cloud (02/10/2014 12:30 pm)
Welcome to MidVision Cloud!¶
This is the place to report bugs, raise support calls and make feature requests for all MidVision Cloud AMI's....
RapidDeploy-Community (03/07/2012 07:24 pm)
Welcome to the Community Edition!¶
RapidDeploy project for all users, including RapidDeploy Express and Community Edition users. ...